Monday, December 1, 2008

Musing Mondays


In my quest to find something. . . anything to write about, I found another weekly prompt! Woo! Here is my first Musing Monday:


With the holiday season now upon us, how does it affect your reading? Do you have more, or less, time to read at Christmas? Do you read Christmas themed/related books?


As a rule, I feel as if I read less during the holidays. I know that I fully intended to read a lot over the Thanksgiving break but barely read fifty pages. One of my biggest reading times is at lunch. During the month of December I'm often running here and there during my 45 minutes of lunch break.


On the other hand, I usually make at least one trip out of town and unless I'm driving, that's a good chance to read. This year I am taking two trips and I look forward to a three hour layover in an airport this weekend so that's prime reading time.


As for reading holiday themed books, sometimes I do but not usually. I have a couple of Christmas books on my shelf. I might go ahead and read them but I'm not opposed to reading them in July if that's when the mood strikes.

1 comment:

Rebecca Johnson said...

Welcome to Musing Mondays! Hope to see you back again next week :)

I think it's funny that you can always pick a reader by their reaction to a stopover. A non-reader will complain about having a three hour gap; a reader just sees the opportunity!