Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

It's 2009! Or almost. It's a few more hours before that's official but I'm ready to move on. 2008 wasn't the best year but it could have been worse. I'm very blessed and I know it. I have a house to live in, a family who loves me, a job that's secure, friends who I love and there is always food on my table and a pillow under my head. Yes, it could be a lot worse. I wish New Years Blessings for all of you!

One thing I'm excited about is that I get to start my challenges tomorrow! Oh yes, I signed up for one more. . . The Casual Classics Challenge hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. This one is great because it's exactly what I've been doing anyway. I wasn't sure I was going to continue with my classics but I figure since it's a challenge I'll do it. The goal is to read four classics for 2009. I've got two on my list from the A to Z challenge so that's easy.

First up is Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver. I'm a fan of her writing but sadly have only read two of her books. I've read Pigs in Heaven and The Poisonwood Bible, which is one of my top five favorite books ever. I loved that book. I'm not sure I will start Animal Dreams tomorrow though. As much as I'd like to, I'm still working on The Stupidest Angel and want to get that finished. There are zombies at the Christmas party! I can't let that go unread!

I'm excited about 2009 and I look forward to the changes that are sure to come. I am very middle of the road politically and don't like to talk politics but I'm anxious to see what happens with our new President. It will be good to have a change. I'm also looking forward to getting my book edited. The plan is to start tomorrow on that one. We'll see how that goes. I'm also hoping to get a new puppy this year and I look forward to some sort of trip, although I have no idea what that might be. It's a brand new year! Enjoy the possibilities!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

I'm new to book blogging and I'm slowly getting to know everyone. I'm also getting ready to read Animal Dreams by Kingsolver at the moment, and I'm looking forward to getting into the story.

Happy reading in 2009!
- Leslie