Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A to Z Challenge

I'm really excited about the A to Z Challenge, which can be found here. I'm going for option B. The challenge is to read a book for every letter of the alphabet. It's something new and it's a good excuse for me to read some books that have been hanging on my To Be Read shelves for a while. I haven't yet decided whether to try to keep up my own challenge of four "classics" or award winners a year or not. Looking at my list, there are only two that I think can qualify. That doesn't mean I can't read two more after I finish my "Z" book.

If you look to the right ---> Somewhere in that direction, I've posted my list of what I've got so far. You'll notice that X, Y, and Z are empty. They won't be for long. I've done my research and I've got a list to work from. "X" is still the hardest as I don't think the book I've found that interests me the most is readily available. I'll have to check the library. Shocker I know, me at the library? Touching germy books? I might have to.


One of the books is a re-read. A Knight in Shining Armor was the first big "grown up" romance novel I read that I didn't have to hide from my mom! I was probably around 16 or 17 and my mother shared it with me. It is special purely because of that. She felt I was grown up enough to read something that was written for adults, and that she enjoyed. It felt good. It was also a good book but since it's been probably 15 years since I've read it, I am looking forward to reading it again.


Out of the 26 books that I will read for this challenge, I currently own 20 of the books. Two are books that I've been planning to get and read, and four are books I've found for this challenge. It will be a while before I get to X, Y, and Z so if any of you have any recommendations, I'd love to hear it. In the meantime, join the challenge!

No comments: