Monday, December 8, 2008

Musing Mondays


Here is this Monday's prompt:


How long do you wait after finishing a book before you pick/start another one? How many books do you have planned ahead or do you pick up random books from your tbr pile (if you have one)? Do you review right away or keep reading and come back to it later?


I wrote a bit about the first question last week actually. I don't wait too long to start a new book but I do need a little while to process what I've just read. I can't put one down and pick up the next in the same breath but if I were to wait an hour or so, I'm much more prepared to read the new book. The only exception would be a series. It's easy to jump right into a series where you already know the characters and what's going on.


The next question is a little tricky. Sometimes I know exactly what I'm reading next and sometimes I sit in front of my book shelf and think about it. Right now I know exactly what I'm going to be reading next. I just got The Tales of Beedle the Bard and am anxious to get that read. I also committed to the A to Z challenge so I will have that list starting in January. It will be pretty structured for a while. That's a good feeling because I know I'll get some books finished that have been sitting on my shelves for a while.


I try to review within a few days of finishing the book. It's easier when it's fresh. I also journal the book as soon as possible. This way I can keep track of the dates accurately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It depends on my mood what I pick out to read. And I do try to write a review ASAP.

My musings