Monday, December 1, 2008

Teaser Tuesday

I'm currently reading The Pagan Stone by Nora Roberts. This is the third in a trilogy and I really love the characters but the book freaks me out! I can't read it before bed. Bad things go through my head. I'm reading my light and fluffy Janet Evanovich books before bed!


The trilogy is very good. It involves three men who unknowingly release a demon who terrorizes a town every seven years. They are preparing for the next "seven" while bringing three women (convenient) into their little group and into their lives. Each book focuses on a different set of characters. This is Gage and Cybil's story.

From page 190:


It leaped again, and as it slammed its fists into the air, the bloodstone exploded into dozens of fragments, into clouds of dust. The boy screamed, in triumph now, even as the blood ran from it.


Ok, too close to bedtime. . . that boy is freaky!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Hmmm - that series sounds very interesting. Thanks for the great teaser!

Here's my Teaser! It even includes a movie trailer for the book!

:) Wendi

Nise' said...

I love Nora Roberts, but know this series would be too freaky for me at any time of the day!