Thursday, December 11, 2008

Booking Through Thursday


Yeah! It's time for Booking Through Thursday! Here is today's prompt:


1. Do you get to read as much as you WANT to read?
(I’m guessing #1 is an easy question for everyone?)


2. If you had (magically) more time to read–what would you read? Something educational? Classic? Comfort Reading? Escapism? Magazines?


1. No, probably not. I read on my lunch breaks when I can and I read before bed if I get into bed at a reasonable hour. Those are the reading times I can count on. I bring a book everywhere so there are occasionally times when I can pick up a book and read. Not as much as I want to but enough to keep to me happy.


2. If I had more time to read, I would probably still read what I've been reading. Mostly fiction to escape. I'd throw in the occasional classic too. I think the whole world should stop for an hour a day for everyone to read. When I was teaching, we had 30- 45 minutes of silent reading every Wednesday. I'd give the kids 5 minutes to find a book and a spot (they could lay on the floor, under a table, wherever they could be comfortable) and then they would read. I'd read along with them and I loved that short little time. It was a bonus!

5 comments:

jlshall said...

An hour a day for reading? I'd vote for that!

Anonymous said...

I'd read for pleasure for an hour a day if I could. I wish all teachers would give their kids that opportunity. It might lead more people to enjoy reading.

Book Lover Lisa said...

Like the idea of the world stopping to read. I remember doing that in school, and it was very nice. Love the picture on your sidebar.

SmilingSally said...

No one has enough reading time, and we all could use more to read what we like. Happy BTT!

Robin M said...

I sometimes read before going to bed. But if I climb into bed with a book, I end up reading til all hours of the night. :)

Robin of mytwoblessings