Thursday, November 27, 2008

Booking Through Thursday - Being Thankful


Today's Prompt:

Today is Thanksgiving here in the U.S.

Now, you may have noticed that the global economy isn’t exactly doing well. There’s war. Starvation. All sorts of bad, scary things going on.

So–just for today–how about sharing 7 things that you’re thankful for?

This can be about books, sure–authors you appreciate, books you love, an ode to your public library–but also, how about other things, too? Because in times like these, with bills piling up and disaster seemingly lurking around every corner, it’s more important than ever to stop and take stock of the things we’re grateful for. Family. Friends. Good health (I hope). Coffee and tea. Turkey. Sunshine. Wagging tails. Curling up with a good book.

So, how about it? Spread a little positive thinking and tell the world what there is to be thankful for.

I hope all my fellow Americans had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I did. It was nice and quiet with just the core family members (less drama this way. . . ). It's been a hard year for me and I'm glad that 2008 is coming to an end. I am however thankful for several things. I'm sure I can list seven!

1. My family, specifically my parents. They are the greatest parents and friends that a girl could ask for. I'm blessed to be their daughter and I'm blessed to have them in my life every single day.

2. My friends. I don't know what I'd do without my friends. Dina is always a phone call away and she's ALWAYS there for me whether it's to listen or make me laugh. Allison is just an e-mail away and she is my sounding board. For everything. She's my real blog. She knows all. Lynda, Teri, and Marianne make work bearable, so I'm thankful to them as well.

3. My dog. I lost my Oreo last month but I can still be thankful for her. She made me laugh, made me cry, and made me content. I miss her every day.

4. My house. I'm so blessed to have one. With so many people losing their homes to foreclosures, fires, floods, hurricanes, etc., I'm very fortunate.

5. My writing. Writing has been the most satisfying thing I have done in a long time. I'm still not convinced its any good, but it sure is fun to do.

6. My books. I've read 45 books in 2008 so far. That's a record! They are my escape and are so necessary. I'm so thankful every time I look at my shelves.

7. My Tivo. I know it's a bit off kilter with the rest of the very sincere list, but I really do love my Tivo. It's changed everything for me!

Hope all of you are blessed this holiday season!

No comments: