Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Back to the Bedroom by Janet Evanovich

First, let me get this out of the way. . . 13 more pages! I am almost done with the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I couldn't be happier about that. I have full anticipation of finishing it tonight.

Ok, now for Back to the Bedroom. This was my bedtime book. I only read it at night if I had fulfilled my LOTR chapter requirement. It was my law. I didn't read every night either so it took me a while to read even though it was a relatively short book and a very fast read.

Janet Evanovich wrote nine short romances pre-Plum. She explains this at the front of all the re-released books that have been coming out at regular intervals. I think she realizes they aren't brilliant but that they are a fun quick read.

I've read at least two, possibly three of the nine and I have several waiting on the "To Be Read" shelves. I think I might read Thanksgiving next. It seems to be the time for that.

Back to the Bedroom is about a very busy woman, Kate, who has no time for anything beyond work and chores. Her neighbor, Dave is the exact opposite. He's got nothing but time and he's all about having fun. Obviously they are attracted to each other. When her house sustains damage in a freak incident, Kate and Dave get closer as he tries to help her out by hiring construction workers, and allowing her to stay with him.

Through a series of events, which are at best disjointed, the couple grow close, fall apart, grow close, fall apart, and eventually get their happy ending. It's not a great book. The plot is weak and the characters are cliche. That being said, if you are a fan of Evanovich, it's worth reading if you have the extra time. It was cute.

No comments: