Saturday, November 22, 2008

Manhunt by Janet Evanovich


Ok, the title alone makes me giggle. Manhunt. Not a terribly subtle title, but a terribly cute book. Of these quickie romances, this one is my favorite so far. I love the pace of these books, which is fast. They are barely over 200 pages. That's nice after reading some big long books this year.

Manhunt is about a woman who trades her New Jersey condo for a cabin and hardware store in Alaska. She thought she got the raw end of the deal as her cabin didn't even have plumbing or electricity. Help comes in the form of a super hunky (and rich!) neighbor. Instant attraction and denial keeps the book moving along. She's looking for a husband, he's not looking for a wife.

It's a comedy at heart. There are no surprising twists or turns, but it will make you smile. You know just what's going to happen in the end but that's ok. It's fun to read how they get there.

Next up for me is another of these quickies. I'm biding time before the new Nora Roberts book The Pagan Stone comes out on Tuesday. It's the third in a trilogy, and I'm itching to get my hands on it.

No comments: