Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Call Me Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber


Call Me Mrs Miracle, by Debbie Macomber, is the second Mrs. Miracle book.  It's a sweet, predictable story but I did find that I enjoyed it more than expected.  The story centers on Holly, a woman struggling to stay afloat in bad economic times.  She recently took custody of her eight-year-old nephew, Gabe.  Holly's brother Mickey has been deployed to Afghanistan and Gabe has nowhere else to go. 

Holly meets Jake Finley, son of the head of Finley's Department Store.  Jake and Holly have a very instant attraction and with a little help from one of Jake's employee's, Mrs. Miracle, they grow close.  As in the book Mrs. Miracle, several characters come together for a nice happy ending, despite a bit of drama. 

I'm not always a huge fan of sticky sweet books but I'm trying to embrace them this December!  While I think the whole story was rushed and that the so-called drama, really was anti-climatic, I was happy with the end.  I'm sure Mrs. Miracle will be back next Christmas with another family to help. 

No comments: