Monday, July 14, 2008

Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet

I loved this book! I finished it in two days which is normally unheard of in my world. Seriously, finishing a book in two days is how I read when I'm on a cruise or stuck in a car for long periods of time. Never in my daily life. Of course it is a James Patterson book and his nifty short chapters allow for a lot of empty space. Plus, it was an easy read which helped. I don't think it was the best book I've ever read . . . No, I know it isn't the best book I've ever read but I'm still in love with it. I thought the story was great and while the plot certainly could have been fleshed out -hence making a longer book for me to read - it was good the way it was. I'm more in love with the story idea than the actual book. Does that make sense? I'm such a romantic and to think that this romance was meant to be just makes me all mushy inside. Yeah, I'm a mushy kind of girl.

The book starts out with an 8 year old girl, Jane, having ice cream with her imaginary friend, an adult named Michael. You'll need to think of Michael as an angel (even though he's not) to understand how it all works until you read this. Cut to twenty -plus years later and Jane sees Michael again. That's all I'm saying. No spoilers from me. It's terribly sweet and I do recommend it. As always, I'd love to hear what you think!

No comments: