Sunday, July 13, 2008

Queen of Babble

I just finished Queen of Babble in the Big City, by Meg Cabot. Arrghh! This book ended with such a cliffhanger! It's a good thing the third book is already out. I have to get a hold of that soon to see what happens. I read Queen of Babble (the 1st book) sometime last year. I enjoyed it, as I do most of Meg Cabot's books. It was a lot of fun and I loved the character of Lizzie. I also loved Luke. Now, I still think Lizzie is fabulous but I'm not so sure about Luke. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it but I think there's someone better for her. A lot better. Here's hoping for a happy ending.

The book is about Lizzie, a recent college grad (almost) who is living with her boyfriend in a fabulous 5th Ave. apartment in New York. He's rich, she's not. She struggles to find a job, ultimately finding one she loves where she doesn't get paid. She has to take on an actual paying job to make ends meet. If you remember from the first book, and if you haven't read it please do, she has a talent for refurbishing vintage clothing, specifically wedding dresses. She goes through turmoil with her friends, her work and her love life in this sweet book. If you are fan of Sophie Kinsella or Emily Giffin I would recommend this series to you.

Meg Cabot's books are for the most part lots of fun. I've read almost all of her books for adults over the last few years, and I'll get to reviewing them eventually. I try to alternate between a book that makes me think and a book that I know I'll just enjoy reading. I'm not saying that Meg's books don't make me think, they just make me think about things in a lighter, fluffier sort of way, which is so needed. They are perfect escape books. The only book I've read of hers that I didn't care for was the original The Princess Diaries. I am a huge fan of the movies (which are so different from the book) but I found the book to be not as fun. To be fair I haven't read the rest of the series. In all, I'm a big fan of Meg's.

If you've read the Queen of Babble books, tell me what you think! I'd love to hear other opinions.

No comments: