Friday, July 11, 2008

The Memory Keeper's Daughter

I just finished The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. I really enjoyed it, although the middle dragged a bit. I thought it was beautifully written and truly a heartbreaking story. My only complaint is that I didn't care for most of the characters. I found I wanted more on Caroline and Phoebe, less on the Henry family. The beginning was completely gripping and the end was so emotional. This was one of the rare moments where I did skim, but it was usually during descriptions of Norah Henry, as I didn't care for her. At all. I did however love Paul at the end. I don't know how he managed to turn out as well as he seemed to. He was an intriguing character and I wish I knew more about him. I definitely recommend the book, despite my issues. I have to be objective right? I'm the reader, I'm entitled to my own opinion as are you. I should mention that I purposely didn't see the movie that was just on TV but I'll have to find it repeating at some point now that the book is done.

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book! Leave those comments and let me know.

Disclaimer: These reviews are strictly my own views. Don't blame anyone else if you don't like what I have to say. That goes for all posts to follow as well.

No comments: