Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Week in Review

It has not been a good reading week. I've spent too much time tooling around with other things and not enough time reading. It doesn't help that I'm just not into my books. I'm trying, I really am. It's not for lack of want or interest, I'm just not inspired to read.

The Constant Princess is a good book. It's well written and a good story, but I know how it ends. It's making it very difficult for me to stay motivated. I will finish it and I'm sure when I'm done, I'll love it like always.

Whisper to the Blood is not a book I would normally pick up because it's a mystery and I tend to read the end of books which means that mysteries aren't that fun. It's an Early Reviewer book so I feel very compelled to finish it and write my review like I agreed to. I'm just having a hard time getting into it. I feel like there is a lot of back story that I'm missing. It's 16th in a series and this is the first book I've read. Of course I'm missing back story. I do have to say that I'm feeling very affectionate for the Aunties. I think everyone needs those four ladies running their town.

I'm off to read a chapter before seeing Paul Blart; Mall Cop this afternoon. It should be funny, and I think funny is necessary.

No comments: