Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Teaser Tuesday


Today's Teaser comes from The Rumpelstiltskin Problem by Vivian Vande Velde. This is a children's book that I've been reading for um. . . let's just say about five years. I pick it up now and then but never focus on finishing it. It contains five (or maybe six) different versions of the story of Rumpelstiltskin.


From page 30:

Then, just as they had done the previous night, Rumpelstiltskin brought armloads of gold from between the particles while Della threw straw out the window. But this time Della knew the king would be pleased, so instead of worrying, she and Rumpelstiltskin talked and laughed together as though they were old friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this! A conspiracy against the King. :P

Unknown said...

Ha, I have several books that I've been meaning to read, but are just collecting dust so far! Perhaps if you keep on using it for Teaser Tuesday, you'll eventually finish reading it? :)

cecilia

Wendi said...

I had no idea there were different versions! Thanks for the teaser.

:) Wendi

Here's my Teaser!