Friday, August 1, 2008

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

By this time tomorrow I will have had my hands on Breaking Dawn. I'll have read the end because I'm totally a cheater. I read the end of Deathly Hollows too. I just can't help it. Tonight I'll review Eclipse, the third book in the series. Again, I stress, read these books in order! I can't imagine someone reading Breaking Dawn without having read the others. Don't do it! If you are new to the series, grab Twilight first. you won't regret it.

Back to Eclipse. . . I think this is my fave so far. It had romance and action. It was interesting to see the dynamic between the werewolves and the vampires play out. I loved when they worked together. Bella is as always the central character. This is her point of view. We learn more about Rosalie and why she seems to dislike Bella. We also know more about the werewolves.

My quote from Feb. 14, 2008 (how sad is it that I spent Valentines Day reading? Ok, not that sad, really just typical): Amazing! Heartbreaking. I just love Edward so much. Very powerful."

It was a powerful book. It made sense of New Moon and wrapped up the issue with Victoria. I'm sure that Bella's life won't be easy come Breaking Dawn. Will she be changed? Will she choose Jake? I hope she doesn't choose Jake. We'll see!

No comments: