Thursday, August 7, 2008

Booking Through Thursday


I'm trying to be more involved with my blogging, trying to reach out to possible readers. Ok, I'd be happy with one reader to be honest. In my search, I've found Booking Through Thursday, a meme about books. What could be better??? Here's my first go at this.

The questions this week are:

Are there any particular worlds in books where you’d like to live?
Or where you certainly would NOT want to live?
What about authors? If you were a character, who would you trust to write your life?



I wouldn't mind living in the Shire during the time of peace. It seems like Hobbits are a jolly bunch. They'd be fun to be around. I would also love to live in the world of Harry Potter, where it seems like anything would be possible. Forks, WA wouldn't be too bad if I could hang with the Cullens.

I would not want to live in Tudor England. I'm not a fan of people being burned, hanged, or beheaded in the streets. The wild west wouldn't agree with me for the same reasons.

If I were a character, I'd want someone who wrote love stories with very happy endings to write me. Someone who wrote fun characters like Meg Cabot or Sophie Kinsella.

4 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I like the idea of an author who writes love stories with happy endings writing my life. Maybe I'll change my answer.

Anonymous said...

The only problem with a happy ending is that there is usually a ton of strife to get there. I don't like that!

It is funny that we chose the opposite worlds to like. :) We people are a strange mix.

Anonymous said...

Just the Cullens? Don't you want to hang with Jacob, too? :-)

Welcome to BTT...it's an excellent way to meet fellow bloggers!

Anonymous said...

The Cullens. I'm having mixed feelings about Ms. Meyer. I reviewed Breaking Dawn this week. Come on over and tell me what you think of my review.