Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Have Issues

So we all have issues. Some more pronounced than others. I have always known that texture is an big thing for me. I have clothes that I don't like to wear because of their texture. Some foods are bad because of their texture (beans, pears) and I don't like things that are really smooth.

For example. . . I do not like walking barefoot on smooth cement. Rough texture is better - honestly though, I'm not a barefoot kind of girl. Chalk and chalkboards are pure evil. Thank the Lord for white boards or I never would have been able to be a teacher.

What does this have to do with books? Generally nothing, but I've found the exception. Paper! I'm currently reading the paperback version of The Time Traveler's Wife. The paper is soooo smooth! It's weird! It's freaking me out! I'll read the book because I'm enjoying the story but the paper is not good. I took it over to my mom's house and told her to feel it. She didn't seem to think it was strange. Is it just me? It can't be. I hope this new paper isn't a trend because I might re-think my thoughts of getting a Kindle.

No comments: