Thursday, December 31, 2009

A to Z Challenge Wrap Up

I actually finished the challenge back in November but as things were crazy in my life, and only got crazier, I just now squeaked in a review for my last book, which was "R".  I chose to A - Z Titles.  I wanted to do both but I was worried about reading fifty-two books.  Turned out I came in at fifty-one for the year so I probably could have done it but I'm glad I stuck with just titles. 

I faced a few challenges right off the bat.  I started out fine with "A" but quickly found myself reading out of order.  I received a few advanced reading copies that I really needed to get read so I decided it really didn't matter what order I read the books in.  I also found myself with books that I really didn't want to read.  That meant my carefully planned selection was changing.  It was fine, I just had to accept it. 

For 2010 I am going to read A - Z Authors.  I'm looking forward to reading a few books I've been saving up and I'm sure I'll get distracted again.  It's all right.  This is all for me. 

Here is my 2009 Final list for the A - Z challenge, with links to my reviews.  The one on my side-bar is going away tomorrow.  Time to start fresh!

A:  Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver
B:  Baby Proof by Emily Giffin
C:  The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory
D: Dewey by Vicki Myron
E: Eragon by Christopher Paolini
F: Feathers by Jacqueline Woodson
G:  A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
H: The Host by Stephenie Meyer
I: I was Told There'd be Cake by Sloane Crosley
J: Julie and Julia by Julie Powell
K: Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler
L: Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris
M: Misery Loves Cabernet by Kim Gruenenfelder
N: The Next Thing on my List by Jill Smolinski
O: One Perfect Rose by Mary Jo Putney
P: Pretty in Plaid by Jen Lancaster
Q: Queen of Babble Gets Hitched by Meg Cabot
R:  The Rocky Road to Romance by Janet Evanovich
S: The Sunflower by Richard Paul Evans
T: Tribute by Nora Roberts
U:  Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
V: Vision in White by Nora Roberts
W: Whisper to the Blood by Dana Stabenow
X: X-Files Ground Zero by Kevin J. Anderson
Y: Yesterday's Embers by Deborah Raney
Z: Zel by Donna Jo Napoli

Now on to the next year!

1 comment:

Jenners said...

Congrats on finishing this challenge ... I did the title version in 2009 and I'm trying authors for 2010.

And I was stopping by to welcome you to the Take Another Chance Challenge. I'm glad you decided to participate, and I look forward to reading your posts and seeing what books you end up with! Have fun with it.