Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pretty in Plaid by Jen Lancaster


As a regular follower of Jen's website and a huge fan of her books, I was really excited to run out and buy Pretty in Plaid. I didn't even mind that it was a hardcover. Even though all of her other books are paperback, which is going to seriously mess up the aesthetics of my book shelf. Jen makes me smile and laugh, and frankly who couldn't use a smile and a laugh these days.

You don't need to be familiar with Jen or her story to be able to really enjoy Pretty in Plaid. Pretty much you just need to have been alive and over the age of ten at some point in the 80's. I really enjoyed learning more about Jen's background. The book starts with Jen as a young girl, upset about her Brownies uniform, longing for a pony, and cheating her way through Girl Scout badges. It covers life in Indiana, the trials of high school and her quest to find a sorority in college. Eventually the book hits the 90's where Jen graduates from college and starts her career.

I really loved this book. In my opinion it might just be her best. I still think we could be friends.

No comments: