Saturday, May 30, 2009

Musing Mondays - May 25

Yes, this is late. Sorry about that


Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about gift certificates…

Do you give gift certificates to book stores as presents? If so, do you give for actual stores or online stores? Do you like to receive them yourself?




I do give gift certificates to book stores. I usually stick with Borders as they are all over the place and easy for people to find. I don't give them to everyone, only those who I know will appreciate them. A relative of mine once said that gift certificates were impersonal gifts and didn't show a lot of thought. I don't think that's true at all if you know the person will appreciate and use it. I wouldn't give my dad a gift certificate to a book store because he doesn't enjoy bookstores (horrible!). On the other hand, I could give my friend a Borders certificate and know that she'll enjoy browsing and buying a good book.

I LOVE getting gift certificates to book stores. LOVE IT! I received quite a few to Borders for Christmas and I am still using them. I don't use them all at once. I like to use one at a time for some reason. I still can't quite come up with a good explanation for that one!

1 comment:

Rebecca Johnson said...

I like to savour my book certificates too, so I can totally understand :)