Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Teaser Tuesday


Another Tuesday rolls around and once again I'm late to the game. It's 10:05 here in California. I'm sure many of you have already rolled into Tuesday.

Since I'm STILL reading The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry, you'll get another teaser from that book. The strange thing is that I just today read the quote from last week. I told y'all I wasn't a fast reader. The bottom line is I've been pickin busy and my reading time has suffered. Plus? I started reading Bright Lights Big Ass at night so The Lace Reader is just for the day time. Make sense? On to the teaser. From page 126:


"As soon as it gets dark enough, the fireworks start. They're good. Better than I remember. With each burst you can see the people on the sore: miles of them in lawn chairs on the sprawling front yards of he neck or lining the town docks or the yacht clubs or way over by Devereaux Beach."

No comments: