Saturday, January 17, 2009

What's In a Name Challenge


Ok, I know I said I wouldn't be doing any more challenges. Hmmm. Maybe that wasn't true. I seem to have found another one. Oops.

The What's In a Name Challenge, has six categories that relate to the title - not the genre- of the book. The goal is to read at least one book that fits in each category. Here are the official rules:

*Dates: January 1, 2009 through December 31, 2009 *The Challenge: Choose one book from each of the following categories. 1. A book with a "profession" in its title. Examples might include: The Book Thief, The Island of Dr. Moreau, The Historian 2. A book with a "time of day" in its title. Examples might include: Twilight, Four Past Midnight, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time 3. A book with a "relative" in its title. Examples might include: Eight Cousins, My Father's Dragon, The Daughter of Time 4. A book with a "body part" in its title. Examples might include: The Bluest Eye, Bag of Bones, The Heart of Darkness 5. A book with a "building" in its title. Examples might include: Uncle Tom's Cabin, Little House on the Prairie, The Looming Tower 6. A book with a "medical condition" in its title. Examples might include: Insomnia, Coma, The Plague *You may overlap books with other challenges, but please don't use the same book for more than one category.

I like that I can overlap with the other challenges, that's the only reason I signed up for "just one more." I think I'm done now. . .

I have four of these on my A to Z challenge list so that works out well. The other's will have to come after I finish my "Z" book. Oh and is "Knight" a profession? I'm thinking so. I'm also going with the idea that "Dead" is a medical condition.

Profession:
A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux

Time of Day:
Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

Relative:
TBA

Body Part:
The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison

Building:
The Yellow Lighted Bookshop by Lewis Buzbee

Medical Condition:
Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris

No comments: