Monday, January 19, 2009

Musing Monday


Today's Musing Monday:

How does your being sick (or injured) affect your reading? Do you read more? Less? Do you pick out a different book than you had already planned? Do you have a "comfort book" that makes you feel better?


I admit, I don't read a lot when I'm sick. It's usually a day to sit in front of the TV and catch up on all those shows I've Tivo'd. I have a hard time focusing when I'm not feeling well and reading takes focus (most of the time).

It's a different story when I'm injured though. During the summer between 5th and 6th grade I had a severely sprained ankle and I was immobile for a good chunk of time. I can clearly remember my mother bringing me stacks of library books. I think I was pretty high on the chart for the library's Summer Reading Program.

This past May when I broke my arm, I read a lot but I was more selective because I had a hard time holding the book! I couldn't read hardcovers for two months! Because I couldn't drive for the first couple of weeks, I had a lot of time waiting in cars for other people. Prime reading time!

No comments: