I use the phrase "That's one of my favorite books!" a lot. It got me thinking about what books really are my favorite. Could I make a list? Would it be possible? I love so many. Of course time fades memories of some. The books that I read over and over again as a child and teenager I'm not as inclined to pick up and read now.
I've been going through boxes of books, wondering about the value. I don't mean monetary value, as they are not worth anything of that sort, but the value to me. Are they worth keeping? Some yes. Some no. Having them sit in boxes in my garage isn't doing them or me any good but I have shelves full of books I've never read and it's hard to make those decisions. I thought I would try and come up with a top 10 list of my favorite books.
I doubt this list is accurate really, but these book stand out. I am also treating a series as one book because otherwise seven spaces would be taken up with Harry Potter! These aren't in any particular order, because that's just asking too much!
1. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
2. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
3. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
4. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
5. The Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts
6. A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux
7. Who Wants Arthur by a Amanda Graham (Picture Book)
8. The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer
9. The Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella
10. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory