Monday, August 24, 2009

Musing Mondays - August 24


Do you prefer to read stand-alone books, or books in series? Do you stick with a series the whole way through or stop after the first installment? Are there any particular series you enjoy?(question courtesy of Elena)

I like reading books that are part of a series. I enjoy re-visiting old friends. It's always hard for me to part with some characters so I like it when I can hang out with them again. . . and again. . . and again.

I've been spreading the books out lately. In the past I would have bought the whole set and read them in a row. Now I like to take breaks and read other things. This keeps me wanting more and It doesn't allow me to be desperate to buy the book when it first comes out in. I can usually wait for the paperback and save some money.

The series that I am in the midst of are the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris (up to book 3), the Women's Murder Club by James Patterson (up to book 4), and the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich (up to book 6). I've got a few others to start too but I'm not quite there yet.

1 comment:

Nise' said...

I'm just beginning the Sookie series. Up to date on the Murder Club and Stephanie Plum series.