Monday, August 17, 2009

Musing Monday - August 17


How do you react to movies made of your favourite books (or even not-so-favourite books)? Do you look forward to seeing them, or avoid them? Do you like to have read the book before seeing the movie?

I enjoy it when one of my favorite books become a movie. In fact, I am more apt to see a movie if I've read the book. I generally know what to expect and I like trying to compare and contrast the book vs. the movie. I even like watching movies based on books I don't care for. Most recently I watched Julie and Julia. I wasn't thrilled with the book but I adored the movie.

I generally like to read the book first. If I don't, I rarely have the patience for the book. There have been a few exceptions but in general the book should come first.

No comments: