Thursday, August 20, 2009

Booking Through Thursday - August 20


What’s the best book you’ve read recently?

That's a tough one. . . I've liked so many!

South of Broad was a fabulous book in my opinion, it affected me emotionally and not many books do that. I also really loved The Late Lamented Molly Marx, it was unique and different. The Host is another that I really enjoyed.

I would say that those three books top my list for 2009 so far. They are three very different books and have stayed with me. I personally think that a book that I continue to think about for months and even years later, is a book that I can put on my list of favorites.

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

I loved Beach Music and can't wait to get to South Of Broad! Glad to hear you liked it so much.

Amy Reads Good Books said...

Nice picks! I love reading about what everyone loves.

jlshall said...

I've noticed that several people have picked South of Broad as a "best." It's gotten very mixed reviews so far, but I still really want to read it.

Nise' said...

Going to have to check out South of Broad!

Susan B. Evans said...

It was hard for me to pick just one favorite, so I did a top five :) Here's my BTT.