Thursday, October 23, 2008

Booking Through Thursday


Here is today's prompt:


Got this idea from Literary Feline during her recent contest:


“Name a favorite literary couple and tell me why they are a favorite. If you cannot choose just one, that is okay too. Name as many as you like–sometimes narrowing down a list can be extremely difficult and painful. Or maybe that’s just me.”


Ok, let's see. . . That's hard! I feel like I need to choose characters that everyone knows! I've read a ton of romance/chick lit in my life so there are plenty of couples to choose from.


Here's a few:


Stephanie Plum and Joe Morelli. I like them as a couple because I like the way Joe treats her. She's awful to him but he'll declare his love anyway.


Edward Cullen and Bella Swan. This is a couple that will be together through eternity. Literally. I think the idea of some supernatural pull that is forcing them together is what I like about them. Edward is overprotective and old fashioned. Bella is whiny and stubborn. They should never get along. Their love for each other seems to transcend the boundaries of humanity. Bella came into her own as a vampire and it was at that point they were on equal footing.


Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley. I think that the reason I see them as a couple is because Ginny was able to provide Harry with what he wanted most in his life. She not only gave him a family, but gave him her extended family. He finally had parents, brothers, sister -in -laws and someone who loved him exactly for who he was. Ginny knew Harry's faults and insecurities but loved him anyway.

4 comments:

Wanda said...

lol, I picked a couple from Harry Potter too...

SmilingSally said...

My choice was a different couple.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I picked one from Harry Potter as well....

But harry/ginny, b/c i really didn't like ginny all that much. well, i liked her, but it was just like...we knew she liked him from the start and i really wanted harry to end up with luna or something. they had a bit in common and she liked harry for harry all along and not b/c of who he was (though i know ginny grew out of that)


lauren

http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2008/10/booking-through-thursday-love-in-pages.html

Jeane said...

I always thought Harry should be with Luna or Hermione, not Ginny.