Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays - January 25

I haven't done a Teaser Tuesday for a while but I want to get back in the habit!

Today's teaser comes from Wither by Lauren DeStefano. 

Rhine is a young woman who was kidnapped and sold as a bride.  The story takes place in a dystopian future where lifespans are dangerously short and the way of doing everything has changed. 

From page 87:

I hesitate, unsure if I can trust her with my plan to earn Linden's trust and escape.  She seems resigned to rotting in this mansion, but maybe it never crossed  her mind that there could be a way out.

3 comments:

Sonia said...

Oh I hope she finds the way out.

Jennifer said...

I hope she chooses to leave. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesdays-small-wars.html

Emma Michaels said...

Happy Teaser Tuesday!!! My teaser this week is for Mistwood by Leah Cypess which is currently discount on Amazon for only $6.50 for a new hardcover copy!!! I posted a link to the price! Finally, a great fantasy book that really feels like the older fantasy novels written by favorites like Tamora Pierce and Sharon Shinn!

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com