Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Musing Mondays - Sept 21

Excuse my tardiness this week. Here's this week's question:

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about reading music…


Do you listen to music while reading? Does this change if you’re reading in or out of your house? Do you have a preference of music for such occasions?


I do not listen to music when I read. I have a very hard time focusing on two things at once and music (especially music with vocals) distracts me from my book. I end up wanting to sing along to the music. I don't remember having that problem in high school when I had music on all the time, but it started in college. My roommate loved to have music playing (music major) and I liked it quiet. I'm not sure what kind of balance we ended up coming up with but we lived together for four years so somehow it worked out.

I can read while the TV is on however. When I am at my parents house I can read all through the news, football games, or QVC shows that my parents watch. That seems to be a lot easier to tune out!

No comments: