Monday, September 14, 2009

Musing Mondays - Sept 14

Musing Mondays (BIG) Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about reading trends…


Do you find yourself forming trends in your reading? Is this a conscious act, influenced by either your own interests or current publishing fads?




I would have to say that my reading this year has been quite eclectic and I'm very happy about that. My attempts to do the A to Z Challenge and New Author Challenge have led me to read books that I probably wouldn't have bothered to get to for a while. My participation in early reviewers' programs has also brought me some unique and different books.

In the past, I have definitely been sucked into trends. I went through a historical romance phase for a couple of years but eventually moved away from that. A couple of years ago I read several books about the Tudors and I still have a few on my shelves to read.

My tendencies are to find an author I like and read everything he or she has ever written. I used to focus so much on the authors I knew that I missed out on other wonderful books. I've moved away from that the last couple of years and this year I think I broke myself of that habit. I'll still keep reading my favorite authors but I spread them out.

Interesting question this week and I'll have to keep thinking about it. My future reading looks even more random as I've developed quite a system for choosing books in 2009. Time will tell if it works out. . .

1 comment:

Nise' said...

The A-Z Challenge has widened my reading too!