Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Musing Mondays - August 31

Musing Mondays (BIG) Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about books for children…


Do you buy books as gifts for children – either your own or those of friends or family? Would you buy books for all children, or only children who are already practiced readers?



I'm a little late with my answer this week but it's a good question so I'll give it a shot. . . I do buy books for children. I have three young children in my life (niece, Goddaughter, BFF's son) and I do try to buy them books. I'm not sure how much they are appreciated but I do know that I'll keep buying them.

One thing I was taught in my early childhood education classes was that it was better to have a few really good books than a lot of "just ok" books in a child's library. I think this is probably true. There are picture books that have stood the test of time and every child should own them.

As the kids get older (the two girls are in Kindergarten this year), I hope I can share my love of reading with them, even from a distance.

No comments: