Thursday, May 13, 2010

Booking Through Thursday - 13 May

Are your book choices influenced by friends and family? Do their recommendations carry weight for you? Or do you choose your books solely by what you want to read?

I am definitely influenced by what my friends and family read and recommend.  Some of my favorite authors were introduced to me that way.  The majority of the time I make my own decisions but have on occasion read a book based on peer pressure.  That sometimes backfires on me.  I've read some stinkers!

There are certain people who I feel "get me."  I am more apt to jump on a book they recommend over some other people (who will remain nameless).  I love them even if I think their choices of books are a bit off my taste. 

Last night my dad asked me if I ever read non-fiction.  I told him I do and mentioned a few memoirs and humor books.  He didn't seem to think that counted.  No, Dad.  I don't read books on World War II.  Sorry. 

No comments: