Monday, January 11, 2010

Musing Mondays - Jan 11

Musing Mondays (BIG)   Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about tidy bookshelves.

  Are your bookshelves strictly books only? Or have knick-knacks          invaded? Do your shelves also shelve DVDs? Photos? Why not snap a photo – I’m sure we all like to spy on other’s shelves!


I've got three bookcases and for the most part they house books.  My big bookcase is in my living room.  I've got my favorite books on the top shelf.  There are a few little treasures lining the shelf but they don't overpower the books.  The second, third, and fourth shelf are all books to be read.  It's a scary, scary place.  The fourth shelf is actually sagging with all the TBR books on it.

The bottom of that bookshelf is children's books and my niece's toy-box.  This made sense when she was tiny and crawling around.  Now that she's almost six, I could probably move things around so I could use that shelf for my books.

The other two bookcases are in my bedroom and they are fairly organized.  One is full of books I've read and am keeping and the other is full of more TBR books.  Sigh.

I want to put one more case in my living room but I have a fish that seems to be quite hearty.  I keep thinking that when he dies, I'll take a break from fish and I'll get a new bookcase but he's a determined little fellow and has survived all his tank mates.***

***Disclaimer:  I love animals and would never intentionally harm or neglect them.  My fish is still living a very happy, healthy -albeit a little lonely life, despite the fact that I'm waiting for him to die.  

No comments: