Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts


Bed of Roses, by Nora Roberts is a lovely little book.  It's sweet, simple, and very romantic.  As the second book in the Bride Quartet, it continues the story of the four best friends who own and operate Vows, a wedding business.  Bed of Roses centers on Emma, the florist.  She's a romantic at heart and dreams of dancing in the moonlight with the man she loves.

When her longtime friend, Jack, starts looking like more than a friend, she fights what happens when friends become lovers.  She doesn't want to fall in love with a commitment-phobic man.  She wants marriage, babies, the whole deal and Jack isn't ready to let anyone into his life that way. 

It's always a nice change when I pick up a book that is just romantic.  Nobody is murdered, nobody is trying to solve any kind of crime, it's just pure romance.  It's nice for a change.  I'm a fan of Nora Roberts so I'm usually first in line to pick up her new books.  This one took me a while to get to but I'm so glad I finally did.  Now I have to wait until May to read the next in the series.  I hope I can make it.

Romance fans will not be disappointed.  A few of the love scenes are a little graphic so be cautious with teens.

1 comment:

Italia said...

Bed of Roses is not as exciting as many of Nora Robert's other books. It is still a great romance with all the sweetness and happy feelings. I missed the suspense and the "fight" to keep the relationship. In a way, the drama that was probably supposed to have you on the edge of your seat was a little hard to believe. I still enjoyed the book but wanted a harder fight to get to the finale.