Monday, March 23, 2009

Musing Mondays - March 23


Here is today's prompt. Lucky me it's about one of my favorite things! Shopping for books!

How many bookstores do you frequent? Do you have a favourite? If so, which one and what makes it so?

My favorite place to shop for books is at Borders. My local Borders has a nice feeling and the people are pretty helpful. It's usually easy to find what I'm looking for. So easy that I usually find things I'm not looking for! They've changed a few things lately that I'm not thrilled about. Could they please put the tables back in straight lines? It would make me happier. I'd also appreciate it if the New Releases shelves were moved back to the right as I walk in. Thank you very much.

We used to have a couple of small, locally owned bookstores but sadly, they've closed. It was nice to go somewhere small and quiet. They felt more like libraries.

As for online, I'm an Amazon girl. It seems I can find anything I want on Amazon and if I am having trouble finding a book locally, they are my backup.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

This rearranging at Borders must have been a company-wide thing because the two I go to also changed their layout. I like things to stay the same and some of the changes they made just didn't make sense. So I am with you...I wish they would put it all back the way it was.