Sunday, March 13, 2011

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare



I’ve been hearing about the Mortal Instruments series for a long time but never really thought it would interest me.  It turns out that I did enjoy the first book in the series but I’m not really sure why.  The story was fairly predictable and yet I found myself wanting to know what happened next.  

Clary is a fifteen year old who begins seeing people that nobody else can see.  When her mother disappears she relies on Jace, a mysterious shadowhunter (demon slayer) to help her find her mother.  Clary learns some truths about who she is and the life she came from.   


The characters were great, I will say that.  They will keep me reading the series.  I confess to not being a fan of big mythology type books.  I felt that parts of the stories were very similar to other books and movies that I’ve enjoyed, specifically Star Wars.  In the end, I can recommend it for great characters and a well paced story.  It’s not the greatest book I’ve ever read but I still had fun reading it.

No comments: