Monday, February 28, 2011

The 5th Horseman by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro



I have mixed feelings about James Patterson's books.  I know he writes with a co-author and I know that some of his books - specifically his novels for teens - can be quite silly.  That being said, I do enjoy some of his books and his Women's Murder Club series is one that I do like. 

The 5th Horseman is the fifth book in the series.  It starts out with Lindsey Boxer, the usual narrator, on the job as lieutenant on the police force.  She's investigating a series of murders where the victims are left in cars for anyone to find.  It was very disturbing.  I had to put the book down a few times. 

The other storyline involves a hospital where healthy patients with non-life threatening conditions or injuries are dying, usually by an "accidental" mix up with medications.  Yuki's mother is taken to that hospital and the story takes off from there.

I feel like this is a solid addition to the series although there wasn't anything that moved the series along.  Nothing much changed with the women, with the exception of Yuki.  If you've been reading the series, you should continue.  The authors tells a good story.  If you haven't read the series, go on back to 1st to Die.  They are quick reads and you'll get an idea of whether or not the series is for you. 

No comments: