Monday, October 4, 2010

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick


Crescendo, by Becca Fitzpatrick, is the sequel to Hush, Hush, which I reviewed in 2009.  In this sequel - which may be better than the original - Nora learns more about her family history and the death of her father.  The story begins with Nora and Patch happily dating although he is now her guardian angel.  He isn’t supposed to fall in love which causes a rift between the two.  

Nora begins to see her father - her dead father - and has strange dreams.  She becomes suspicious of a new guy in school and struggles with her lab partner in her summer school chemistry class.   

I enjoyed Crescendo, probably more than I did Hush, Hush.  I’m not sure I can explain why but I thought the story was richer.  I suppose it built on the story, as it should.  Both are good, exciting reads for teens (and adults like me).  I’m anxious for the next book as once again, we were left with a cliff hanger.  If you’ve started the series, I encourage you to continue it.   If you are new, make sure you pick up Hush, Hush first.

No comments: