Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Evermore by Alyson Noel

So I continue my quest for a supernatural-ish series that will grip me and force me to go out and get all the sequels available.  Evermore, by Alyson Noel, isn't quite there.  It's just all right.

The plot is interesting.  What or who exactly is Damen?  He's not a vampire, he insists on that.  He must not want to be compared to his sparkly counterpart over in the Twilight series.  He is immortal though, and what that means is all a bit confusing.  It involved chemistry (alchemy) and frankly I got a bit lost.  I think it's flashbacks to 11th grade.

Just like all good teen books, Ever is a high school student with a lot of angst.  Ever's angst is more valid than some.  She lost her entire family in a car accident and she is suffering from survivor's guilt.  While Ever is the new kid in school, Damen is even newer and conveniently he sits next to Ever in English class.  She is drawn to him and he seems to know an awful lot about her. 

I just couldn't find any affection toward the couple.  I tried.  Once again I was left wanting more of a conclusion.  I felt that all the elements were there, they just weren't that exciting.  I want to be sucked into a book and this one didn't do that.

No comments: