Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Dangerous Days of Daniel X by James Patterson


I've read several of James Patterson's books but I didn't intend to read The Dangerous Days of Daniel X.  It didn't appeal to me and frankly it didn't get great reviews.  This one won't be great either.

The book centers on Daniel.  He's a fifteen year old orphan that comes from a long line of alien hunters - outer space not illegal.  He is also an alien himself, just a good alien.  This gives him super speed, the ability to change form, and a few other unique gifts.  Daniel has a list of the twenty bad aliens.  The worst of the worst.  They apparently are wreaking havoc on earth, of course. Think Men in Black but even sillier.  Daniel's goal is to destroy each of those bad aliens.

The best thing I can say is that the book was a very quick read.  Patterson's typical quick pacing and short paragraphs moved things along.  While I never became invested in the character, I was at least slightly entertained by him.  He was completely on his own in the world and yet he made the best of it.  I give him credit for that.

From what I understand this is going to be a series, but I doubt I will go any further.  It might appeal to teens, particularly young boys.  It isn't horrible, it's just not very good.

No comments: