Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wings by Aprilynne Pike

I bought Wings after hearing good things about it.  Sad to say that I was disappointed.  It sold itself as a story about a fairy and I suppose it was, but it wasn't anything like I expected.  It isn't a bad book, it's just not a great book.  I wanted it to be a great book.  It took me a long time to read because I couldn't get into it.

Laurel and her family move to a new town and she starts school for the first time.  She's been home-schooled her entire life and is forced to go to a public high school for her sophomore year.  She quickly meets David who becomes her best friend.  When odd things start happening to Laurel, she discovers who she truly is and meets Tamani, a fairy.  Tamani, David and Laurel must work together to save the fairies' land.

Pretty simple story but it didn't have an end.  It seems to be a trend with young adult books.  They don't really end or come to a conclusion.  I know the point is to get the reader to read the next book in the series, but in this case, I don't know that I will bother.  I'm not that interested. 

The book is perfect for teens but I don't think adults will get much out of it.

No comments: