Monday, June 29, 2009

Musing Mondays - June 29

Musing Mondays (BIG)Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about mid-year reading…

Now that we’ve come to the middle of the year, what do you think of your 2009 reading so far? Read anything interesting that you’d like to share? Any outstanding favourites?


I'm fairly happy with my progress. I'd like to be a bit further along but I've read some good books (and one really bad one). I'm coming along with the A to Z challenge. I only have seven more books to read for that challenge. The What's in a Name challenge is coming along nicely as well with four out of six read. For the New Author Challenge, I set a goal of twenty-five new authors and am at thirteen at this point. Considering my TBR pile, that challenge should easily be met. I've got two books going now by new authors (to me).

The struggle? The Casual Classics Challenge. This is one that isn't going well. I've got one "classic" ready for the letter "O" but other than that, I might be scrambling at the end of the year. I hate that.

As for my favorites? I think The Host, by Stephenie Meyer, has been my favorite so far. I also really enjoyed Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center, and Pretty in Plaid by Jen Lancaster. I could go on and on and on.

No comments: