Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Musing Mondays - July 27


I'm a day late. Oops. Yesterday's topic was. . .

Do you have an account with an online book database site (LibraryThing, Shelfari, GoodReads)? If so, do you have a preference? Do you use it for - your own record keeping? finding new books to read? social networking?

I have accounts with GoodReads, Shelfari, and LibraryThing. I confess that my favorite is Library Thing. I can't exactly pinpoint why but I found that keeping up with three websites all dedicated to the same thing is just too much. I found myself gravitating to LibraryThing. I like the Early Reviewers program, I enjoy the people I've met there, and I find the library easy to add to.

My library on there is a constant work in progress as books come and go. I try to keep track of what I've read and I do cross-post my blog reviews there. I also enjoy the forums and checking out what other people are reading. It's just a nice friendly place.

1 comment:

caite said...

you don't have to 'confess' it! say it proudly....because Library Thing is the best! ;-)

I checked out all three and stuck with LT as well. it seems the easiest, the most helpful, the most adaptive...IMHO